YouTube is a video sharing service that allows users to post, view and/or share videos. With 2 billion monthly users, 30 million visits per day and 500 hours of video uploaded every minute, YouTube’s reach is vast and global! If you want your business to capture attention, generate traffic, increase ROI, boost search engine ranking, build brand awareness, integrate with social media marketing and reach a large audience, YouTube is right for you. So, how do you use YouTube to market your business?
Design a Homepage:
Your homepage is the entry point to your site. Take the time to make it appealing.
- Choose a compelling profile picture, clean and identifiable.
- Upload channel art and your channel schedule.
- Select a channel trailer, (1 or 2 minutes long) that is fun, interesting and tells people what you are about.
- Create playlists (a list or group of videos that plays in order, one after the other).
- Add featured channels. This will create a connection in people’s minds and in the algorithm between your channel and the featured channels.
- Create an “about” page. Include a short, persuasive description of your channel.
You need volumes of quality content to keep viewers interested and encourage them to return to your channel. Include:
- Brand videos showcasing your business and your core values
- Webcasts and webinars, broken up and posted as a series of videos.
- Repurposed infographics and/or explanatory videos
- Educational and “how to” videos
- Product demonstrations
- Interviews with influencers and thought leaders in your niche
- Animated videos
- Interviews with your business’s owners, staff, and/or customers.
Viewers are counting on new and intriguing content so add videos frequently. Consider a weekly update. Embed the videos on your company website.
Include a Call to Action:
If you want your videos to generate leads, a call to action is essential and should flow logically from your video content. Possibilities are:
- Please rate this video.
- Follow us on Twitter.
- Find us on Facebook.
- Subscribe to our videos.
- Visit our blog/website for more great videos and information.
- Please post your comments.
- Share with your friends.
- Check out our channel.
- Contact us for more information.
Engaging with users who post comments boosts your video’s engagement traffic. Respond to all feedback as quickly as possible. Personalize your responses. Encourage viewers to subscribe to your channel.
Pay Attention to Categories and Tags:
Choose a category for the video and enter tags and/or relevant keywords to increase hits.
Use catchy, descriptive titles. Customize your channel with colour, images, links and/or relevant information. Incorporate your logo and company slogan.
YouTube marketing is an essential advertising tool for your business. Start simple and grow your audience over time. Refine your style and format while improving your use of keywords. Upload consistently. Let YouTube help you improve brand awareness, generate leads, drive traffic to your website and improve your sales.
Not sure how to get your YouTube channel up and rolling? Need help with your digital marketing strategy? Call CAYK at (403) 456-0072 or email [email protected] Allow us to be your very own marketing department! Connect with our tightly-knit team of knowledgeable digital-first consultants, each eager to help your business grow. Contact CAYK today.