Staying aware of the latest SEO trends will help you meet the requirements that search engines use to rank websites allowing your site to appear higher on the search engine results pages (SERPs). What strategies will help you influence the SERPs and earn more revenue in 2020?
With the growing use of mobile devices and at home voice assistants, voice searches are rapidly increasing. It’s expected that 50% of internet searches in 2020 will be voice-initiated. How will the rise in voice search affect your SEO approach?
- You need to implement conversational searches into your SEO strategy.
- Semantic search (previous searches or patterns of searches ) will increase in importance.
- Tone and function of content must cater to customers.
- A mobile-first site is crucial as 20% of mobile queries are voice searches.
- Brand names need to be easy to understand and remember.
- It’s more important than ever for directories to have a complete and accurate listing of your business.
BERT is a search algorithm that comprehends the intent of the searcher making a query and enables you to train your own question answering system. SEO marketers who apply BERT models increase their chances of ranking on the first page of SERPs. What does this mean for your SEO strategy?
- Analyze the top ten content ranking on the first page of SERP.
- Create content that matches the user’s intent based on your analysis.
- Utilize quality content written by an expert writer.
- Establish your site as an authority.
- Link to other authoritative, trustworthy sites.
Video: What’s the best way to tap into Universal Search in order to be visible? Have video content. 62% of Google searches include video. What does this mean for your business’s SEO strategy?
- Create helpful YouTube videos that support your content.
- Embed videos on your website.
- Add accurate schema tags to allow search engines to better understand your video content.
- Use an engaging thumbnail image to garner clicks on the link.
- Upload your video to multiple platforms.
- Add proper captions and include a transcript.
- Optimize the title and description of your video.
- Make sure your videos are mobile-friendly.
Online users are looking for information they can trust and that information is often provided by influencers. Working with an influencer increases your online visibility and amplifies your content reach. Partner with an influencer in your niche who already engages with your target audience. The backlinks gained from your influencer’s site will enhance your SEO efforts.
One of the biggest trends SEO professionals need to focus on in 2020 is the user experience. Search engines have advanced data mining capabilities. They collect data to help them understand user behaviour then tweak their algorithms in order to give searchers what they want. If you do a good job of meeting the needs of searchers, you have a better chance of landing on the first page of the SERPs. Anything you do for your users, you are doing for the search engines. Consider how you can help your users have a great encounter, the value you can provide users during their visit. Begin with the initial interaction in the SERPs. Pay attention to the overall landing page experience and the user experience after leaving your site (remarketing, drip campaigns, personalization for returning users).
Google gives higher ranking to businesses that receive maximum user engagement. Your level of engagement is determined by the number of brand mentions you receive on forums, on social media in articles and videos. Positive reviews also play an important role. How do you promote user engagement?
- Produce content that is relevant to your target audience.
- Respond to all comments.
- Encourage readers to comment, like, and share.
- Start a Facebook group.
- Run contests and giveaways.
- Use images in your posts.
- Ask a question.
- Optimize your headlines.
- Host a weekly twitter chat.
SEO is important for businesses in any industry. To avoid getting left behind in 2020, stay on top of the latest SEO trends. Keep your strategies flexible and be prepared to change to meet the requirements of a constantly evolving search environment.
Need help with your SEO strategy? Call CAYK at (587) 600-8270 or email [email protected] Allow us to be your very own marketing department! Connect with our tightly-knit team of knowledgeable digital-first consultants, each eager to help your business grow. Contact CAYK today.