In this day and age, it’s more important than ever to eliminate the waste – in terms of time and money – from your Internet marketing budget. But how exactly do you do that, especially if you don’t know where the waste is in the first place?
Here are five ways to trim the fat from your Internet marketing campaigns:
1. Review your objectives. If you don’t know what you’re trying to achieve, efficiency becomes impossible. Have bottom-line objectives that your campaigns are tied to so you can review them in the right frame of mind.
2. Study the analytics. Often, the key to removing bottlenecks on your website is just studying how visitors use and interact with different pages. Once you know what they’re reading – and what they’re ignoring – you can start to optimize your campaigns.
3. Trace every sale to a source. Don’t guess at what’s working. Whether it’s through coupon codes or lead-tracking systems, you have to know where your sales are coming from.
4. Pay attention to social feedback. If a certain topic or post is generating lots of feedback, you’ve probably hit on an important or timely idea. That’s a sign to increase your efforts in that area (or put them to better use if no one seems to care).
5. Keep testing. Getting rid of the excess in your Internet marketing plan isn’t just about taking the losers out of your campaign; you also have to find more profitable strategies and tactics, too. That’s where constant testing comes into play.
No business has time or money to waste, on Internet marketing or anything else. Follow these tips and make your campaigns as lean as they could be – your bottom line will thank you later!
When you’re looking for effective, responsive marketing with a high ROI, get in touch with CAYK® – calgary’s best team of creative professionals.
By David A. West Join me on Google+