84% of people with internet access use social media. The average user spends 2 hours and 25 minutes on social media every day. 74% of people use social media when making purchase decisions and 80% of people get advice about a purchase through social media. With statistics like this, your business needs a social media management strategy!
What is social media management?
Social media management is the analysis of your social media audience(s) and the development of a strategy tailored to that audience. It involves creating and distributing content for social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.), monitoring online conversations, collaborating with influencers, providing community service as well as observing, measuring and reporting on social media performance.
Why is social media management important for businesses?
There are a number of advantages to having a social media management strategy. Social media management:
- Is an integral part of building and maintaining a brand image.
- Allows you to connect directly to your audience.
- Helps you build relationships and brand loyalty.
- Boosts your website's traffic.
- Creates ease in monitoring a marketing campaign.
- Is a cost-effective initiative as it's free to join social media networks, post content and respond to user comments.
- Has a reach unmatched by traditional marketing and connects you with users across the world.
- Assists in the creation of ambassadors for your brand.
- Enables you to showcase your customer service skills.
- Allows you to use keywords to generate leads.
How to manage social media:
If social media management is important, how do you go about managing your company's social media presence?
- Conduct an audit: A social media audit gives you a picture of the effectiveness of your present strategy; pinpointing where you're wasting resources, showing which channels are bringing the best results and indicating the impact of social media on your web results. Use social media analytics to review your key performance metrics (follower growth, engagement, publishing frequency, most engaging content formats, top-performing posts, traffic sources, community sentiment, question response rate, average response time, audience interests, demographics, behaviours). Analyze your metrics to find trends. Review your social media goals.
- Decide on the best social media platforms to use: Your audit will reveal which platforms work for you and which don't. Shift your resources to the most effective channels.
- Analyze your target audience: This analysis will help you build stronger customer relationships, create more relevant content, and boost social media conversions. It ensures you invest your marketing budget and ad spend in creating content and advertisements that target the right users.
- Design your social media profiles: Utilize professional images that capture your brand and make a good impression. Create ads with compelling calls to action. Use clear headers, icons and profile pictures.
- Establish a social media content calendar: A content calendar serves as a reference point and lets you view scheduled posts for your accounts. Determine how much content you need to create. Include company announcements, holiday tidings, shared content, influencer's content, images, etc. Look at competitors' content. Curate interesting articles.
- Generate platform-specific content: You want content that resonates with users and accomplishes your company's goals. This content may differ slightly from platform to platform.
- Respond to followers: Interact with followers and commenters, even those who leave negative comments. Demonstrate that you care. Provide exceptional customer service.
- Grow your social reach: Ads are not the only way to increase the number of followers. Reach out to influencers and trusted organizations in your industry. This may lead to coverage of your company by these individuals and connect you to their followers.
- Monitor your performance: Track the performance of your ads and creative content. Adjust accordingly.
Social media management is important for the success of your business; helping you build and maintain a brand image, connecting you to your audience and boosting your traffic. A well-managed social media campaign connects you to a worldwide audience while remaining cost-effective. It allows you to showcase your customer service while generating leads. Take the time to create an effective social media management strategy for your company.
Want assistance with your social media management strategy? Need help with your digital marketing campaign? Call CAYK at (403) 456-0072 or email [email protected]. Allow us to be your very own marketing department! Connect with our tightly-knit team of knowledgeable digital-first consultants, each eager to help your business grow. Contact CAYK today.