Not all content will engage your audience. You need content that satisfies your customers, stands out amidst the competition, inspires your audience and nudges readers in the right direction. Choosing the right type(s) of content in digital marketing is an art. What works for one company, may not work for another and not all types of content perform well. This is where custom content shines.
What is Custom Content?
Marketing content is usually outwardly focused and meant for attracting new customers. It can be branded content but is often simply brand-relevant content meant to attract an audience. Custom content is different. It's meant to build a connection to your existing audience; reinforce the brand, communicate the value of the product/service and create new opportunities. If effectively distributed, it may also attract new clients. 90% percent of consumers find custom content useful, and 78% believe that organizations providing custom content are interested in building good relationships with them. Custom content works!
Why Use Custom Content?
There are numerous benefits to using custom content rather than regular marketing content.
- helps your business build online authority
- offers customers helpful information that generates more interest in your brand
- amplifies your marketing campaign
- improves brand visibility
- generates referrals from existing clients
- makes your brand stand out from the competition
- provides added value and guidance to customers
- connects your business objectives with your customers' needs
- is more engaging than the usual content
- helps retain existing clients and enhance their interest in your products/services
- builds a community around your site
How Does Custom Content Differ?
Custom content has some unique traits that set it apart from standard marketing content.
- focuses on the ideal reader; their problems/issues and solutions to these
- understands your reader's pain, how your customer thinks and feels
- has a voice that creates an experience and a relationship
- is share-worthy
- establishes brand awareness; builds awareness of your products or services
- is attractive to your target market and relevant to their needs
- sets you up as an authority in your niche
How to Create Custom Content:
If custom content is valuable for your business, you'll want to know how to go about generating this style of text, videos, infographics, podcasts and social media content.
- Create and design a user-friendly blog or website.
- Optimize your site for SEO.
- Make your site mobile-friendly and mobile-responsive.
- Publish useful and informative content that adds value to your audience.
- Make your posts highly engaging and entertaining.
High-quality content is the driving force of marketing. Custom content is brand material or branded content created for the sole purpose of building connections with existing customers. It helps to strengthen your brand message and convey the value of your products/services to users. Create quality custom content that your target market will rely on as a trusted source of information and you'll move your business forward.
Interested in custom content for your website? Need help with your digital marketing strategy? Call us at (403) 456-0072 or email [email protected]. Allow us to be your very own marketing department! Connect with our tightly-knit team of knowledgeable digital-first consultants, each eager to help your business grow. Contact Us today.