One of the simplest and most effective ways to boost post-click landing page conversion rates is to use a powerful method of optimization called split testing.
What is A/B/n split testing?
A/B/n split testing is a scientific method of conducting controlled, randomized experiments with the goal of improving a website metric (form completion, purchases, sign-ups, call-to-action clicks, checkout flow, etc.). Tests are created with a quantifiable goal in mind. Users are exposed to different versions of a website to determine which performs best. The tester watches how groups respond to each version, looking for a significant difference in behaviour to occur. The results from each variation are compared to determine which version showed the greatest improvement. This information helps marketing and optimization teams determine which version offers the greatest conversion rate and best opportunities for business growth.
Why is A/B/n split testing important?
Rather than guessing or relying on your gut regarding what will work, A/B/n split testing provides the means to test competing ideas for a website layout, enabling a decision based on concrete data. Lessons learned from a split test can be incorporated into new tests on other pages of the site. Most marketers run split tests because they suspect an aspect of their marketing isn’t working well, or because they believe they can get better results.
Benefits of A/B/n split testing:
- Reducing uncertainty regarding marketing campaigns by eliminating guesswork.
- Learning how customers actually respond, rather than how you think they will respond.
- Gaining insights that can drive improvements across the company.
- Creating more effective content.
- Maximizing web traffic and visitor engagement.
- Reducing risk by testing changes before making them permanent.
- Increasing leads and sales; improving revenue and profits.
- Testing too many variations, thus dividing traffic to the extent that it’s difficult to get statistically significant results.
- Testing such small components that you lose sight of the big picture.
What can you test?
- Visual elements (pictures, videos, colours)
- Text (headlines, calls to action, descriptions)
- Layout (arrangement and size of buttons, menus, and forms)
- Visitor flow (how a website user gets from point A to point B)
A/B/n split testing helps a website owner build a culture of data-informed decision making and enables businesses to take into account audience preferences. Conflicting opinions can be settled with a split testing methodology, benefiting the website owner and visitors by helping create the best site design.
Want to optimize your website features? Interested in A/B/n split testing for your site? Need help with your marketing campaigns? Call CAYK at (403) 456-0072 or email CARE@CAYK.CA. Allow us to be your very own marketing department! Connect with our tightly-knit team of knowledgeable digital-first consultants, each eager to help your business grow. Contact CAYK today.