The weather has a large influence on human behaviour, including buying behaviour. Temperature, humidity, snowfall, and, especially sunlight, can affect retail sales. In fact, only the state of the economy has a bigger influence on purchasing! The weather influences the food & drinks industry, automotive, clothing & fashion, travel, hospitality, leisure & entertainment, health & beauty, pharmaceuticals, home & garden, energy, insurance and electronics. A simple example; we buy ice cream when it’s hot and oatmeal when it’s cold.
What Are Weather-Based Ads?
Weather-based advertising is the practice of targeting consumers by local weather (past, current, or future). Automated weather targeting platforms enable users to trigger ads and automate bid adjustments based on real-time weather information. Your company can personalize marketing messages based on your audience’s local weather. Automated weather-based ads:
- control when and where your ads are shown depending on the weather
- enable you to set variables such as temperature, weather type (rain, snow, sun, wind, UV index), weather alerts and location
- allow you to set up automated weather rules for your various advertising accounts
- tailor promotions/content across email campaigns, digital display ads, mobile push notifications, and other means of digital communication
What are the benefits of Weather-Based Ads?
With weather-based ads, you can narrow your target audience so that your ads will be more relevant. You can maintain all options previously set, simply adding weather as another condition. This can:
- improve advertising relevance based on real-time weather information
- reduce your costs, increase conversions and boost revenue
- allow you to craft ads that cater to your consumers’ needs, increasing satisfaction and loyalty
- enhance a customer’s ad experience
- make use of data-matching and location-targeting capabilities of smartphones
- improve the effectiveness of pay-per-click campaigns
- allow you to advertise through social media, demand-side platforms, and email service providers
- help predict future marketing opportunities
Weather-based advertising enables marketers to plan ahead and respond to current information. Using a weather targeting platform, companies can predict future marketing opportunities, react to real-time weather information and improve business results. Make weather ads a mainstream component of your marketing strategy.
Interested in weather-based ads? Need help inserting a weather-based marketing campaign into your existing marketing efforts? Call us at (403) 456-0072 or email CARE@CAYK.CA. Allow us to be your very own marketing department! Connect with our tightly-knit team of knowledgeable digital-first consultants, each eager to help your business grow. Contact Us today.